Introduction Thread

Welcome to the Angelfish Community :grinning:

It would be great if you would introduce yourself to the rest of the community on this thread,

I am Dave and I am one of the founders of the Angelfish Community and I also work here as the Director of Possibilities. I am a nurse and I have been a social entrepreneur for over 20 years, having founded 5 social enterprises in that time.

I live in Manchester with my son and my dog Eris.

5 Likes

Hi, I am Sally, I’m from down South and I am new here. I am interested in setting up my own business but aren’t really sure where to start.

4 Likes

Hi. I’m Claire and I’m passionate about all things community, creativity and innovation. I’m a part of the Angelfish Team, as our Director of Community Engagement. Super excited to see Angelfish becoming a reality.

3 Likes

Hello! I’m Bea. A friend told me about this community starting up, and I thought I’d join up and see what it was all about. I’m thinking about setting up a new social enterprise, and it looks as though this will be really helpful.

3 Likes

Welcome, Sally! Great to have you here.

1 Like

Welcome, Bea! Great to have you join us.

1 Like

Hi @Sally and @Beatrice it is lovely to see you both here and you are very welcome! Let us know if you have any questions and happy to hear more about your ideas for your social enterprise.

3 Likes

Hi. I’m Stevie, and I’ve got a few ideas knocking around about different options for social enterprises, and thought that I would join here to get some guidance and chat with like minded people.

3 Likes

Hi Stevie! SO good to have you here. This will hopefully be a really helpful space for you as you narrow down your ideas and move them forwards.

1 Like

Thanks Claire! Really good to be here, and I think that I’m going to learn a lot.

3 Likes

Hi, my name is Rei and I’m a member of the Angelfish team - I look after the company compliance and finance and assist the rest of the team with administration.

4 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Louise and I’ve been interested in social enterprises for a long time. I’m looking forward to finding my path with the help of Angelfish

6 Likes

Hi Louise, great to have you with us!

1 Like

Hello everyone I’m Michael and I want to start up a business soon to give people in my area good opportunities.

6 Likes

Welcome Michael, glad to have you with us and I hope we can work with you to achieve your goals for your business

4 Likes

Hi everybody, I’m Ben, I’m a team member here at Angelfish and I’ll mostly be working on the technical side of managing the forum and website. Please send me a message if you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear how we can improve your experience with the community.

As for myself I’ve been watching my dad, Dave our Director of Possibilities, work in the field of social enterprise for 20 years now so I’m excited to dip my toes in myself and learn even more! Outside of work I’ve recently picked up gardening (and a deep distrust of aphids lol) and I’m hoping to get into woodworking once the heat dies down a bit up here in Manchester.

I hope to speak to you all soon!

5 Likes

Hi Ben, you have to watch those aphids! I use soap on my roses but the little buggers keep coming back after the rain washes them away :grin:

5 Likes

Hi Louise. Nice to see you!

2 Likes

Hi Michael. Good to meet you!

2 Likes

Hi I am a new member.

4 Likes