Life after lockdown

How is everyone finding life after lockdown? It still feels a bit strange but I have been to a few small birthday parties and life feels like it is slowly returning to normal.
I have got really into gardening as well over lockdown and the plants are really starting to come on!

3 Likes

Looking good, Dave. I’m not green thumbed at all. Being out and about during the Euro’s was the weirdest bit for me - as well as seeing real fans in the stands. There were aspects of lockdown that I really enjoyed, but it’s good overall to be able to be out and about. I’m mightily shocked that the numbers haven’t gone through the roof, but it’s great that the vaccines seem to be working.

4 Likes

I went out for dinner and to the theatre with my sister over the weekend, and it was so strange seeing heaps of people out and about. There also seemed to be a real split on who was trying to be ‘Covid safe’ and not. Strange times!

3 Likes

I keep forgetting to wear my mask and I don’t know how I feel about that…

4 Likes

Hi Louise, me too! It’s getting scarily easy to get out of the habit of wearing masks when there’s so many other people not wearing them.

4 Likes

Personally, I’m hoping that things stay like they are now for me, most of the time is relaxed and I get to see people often enough, I felt too busy before lockdown and even I didn’t like not being able to see people during.

5 Likes

Oh, I’m not even sure now how I managed to cope during lockdown, pretty sure I almost got RSI in my thumbs from constantly texting my friends.

3 Likes

I was on the train for the first time last weekend, which was odd. Still finding it all weird.

3 Likes

Oh absolutely, the trains are a particularly weird difference I’ve found. I’ve just been visting my mum over the weekend and it was a good five hours each way, all with a mask on. Not exacly ideal but we do what we have to do I suppose.

1 Like